Yoga is a great full body workout. You’re lifting your body weight for weight training. You’re balancing. You can even get cardio in if you work with a flow.
Here is a quick yoga workout to try out when you want some strength and cardio. Do it once, twice, or ten times. You get out of a workout what you put in to it!
What you need: Yoga mat, slippery surface, and rags, socks, or sliding discs.
Here it is broken down:
- Come to standing mountain pose and set your intention.
- Inhale lift arms up
- Exhale forward fold
- Inhald half lift
- Exhale slide back to plank and hold for a breath or two
- Exhale pully belly back into the spine and slide feet back to forward fold
- Inhale slide back to plank Repeat 3x
- Exhale bring left knee up toward left elbow (extra credit for doing a push up at the same time)
- Inhale slide back to plank
- Exhale bring right knee up toward right elbow (extra credit pushup)
- Repeat 2x each leg
- Exhale up to down dog and breathe.
- Exhale slide left leg between hands, rotate back foot to 45 degree angle
- Inhale lift up to Warrior II pressing evenly between both feet. Hold for exhale.
- Inhale extend left hand to floor in Extended Side Angle. Stay there and breathe or straighten left leg to Triangle.
- Exhale plant right hand on floor, slide foot back to plank and lower down.
- Inhale up to Cobra or Up Dog.
- Exhale lift back to Down Dog. Repeat on Other Side.
- Right leg lunge to Warrior II
- Side Angel to Triangle
- Plank to Cobra or Up Dog
- Down Dog to Forward Fold
- Half Lift to Mountain
- Salutation Seal with hands at Heart!
Tips to keep from face planting: Squeeze everything in to the mid-line. Squeeze the belly into the spine, the biceps in toward the ears, and the inner thighs up and in. Squeeze and breathe.
As always, please listen to your body and know your limits. If any pose causes pain slowly come out and rest. Try this fast, one pose with one breath, for cardio, or try it slow, multiple breaths in each pose for strength. Both are challenging in different ways.
Please feel free to ask questions or comment below with how it worked out for you!
3 Secrets to Feel Great and Lose Weight Starting Today! Is on Amazon for $2.99 Soul centered way to love your body from the inside out! http://ow.ly/rQJaA
Perseverance, beacause you’re worth it! http://ow.ly/qvU3n
Last in the 7 part series Chakra Exercise: Crown Chakra! Think ‘higher’ thoughts! http://ow.ly/oXQj4
An oldie but a goodie. 10 Ways to Show yourself LOVE! http://ow.ly/oIqKU
Welcome to Part 4 or the 7 part series of Chakra Exercises. Part 4 is the Heart Chakra aka the love center. Click here for the Exercise and Mantra.
The Heart Chakra is all about love. The right to love yourself, others, and also to accept love from yourself and others. A lot of people are REALLY good at giving love but have a hard time receiving love.
There’s a lie out there that it’s ok to give but selfish or egotistical to receive. That is absolute bull!
Lets take an analogy that I personally love. Say you have a bucket full of love. If you keep giving your love away but cover up your bucket to be ‘modest’ or ‘humble’ or maybe even push love away when others offer it to you, you’ll run out of love to give.
How can you give love from an empty bucket? You can’t! Did you know that you can also fill your own bucket with your own love? When you offer yourself love it multiplies! YAY! Sounds AWESOME!
Questions to ask yourself after doing the exercise and mantra (go here for them if you haven’t already):
- How do I show love to a) others b) myself?
- How do I receive love from a) others b) myself? Note showing and receiving are different.
- How can I give more love to myself so I have more for others?
You were made by love, with love and for LOVE! Allow yourself to LOVE and be LOVED fully!
Loads of Love from my heart to your beautiful heart. Namaste,
Here is part 3 of the 7 part Chakra Series. If you missed the first two head here to get caught up. Remember: Chakras open from the ground up so start with the root and work your way up.
The solar plexus is all about personal power. Your choices you make to live your life the way you want. For the exercise click the image for directions.
Some questions to ask yourself:
- Do I honor my personal power? If not, why? If so, how?
- Do I make choices that help me be the best me? If not, why? If so, how?
- Do I love and accept myself? Why or why not?
Really take some time to answer these honestly and authentically. If you’re struggling coming up with answers take a moment to go within and ask yourself/higher power to help open your heart and mind to what you need at this time.
You are beautiful and strong! As Heman would say, “I have the power!”
You have the power!